Monday, August 27, 2012

Daring Bakers August 2012 Challenge: Pate a Choux


 Kat of The Bobwhites was our August 2012 Daring Baker hostess who inspired us to have fun in creating pate a choux shapes, filled with crème patisserie or Chantilly cream. We were encouraged to create swans or any shape we wanted and to go crazy with filling flavors allowing our creativity to go wild!

Swans did not exactly happen here.  I had some extra helpers in the kitchen. ;)  But we did make some pretty delicious cream puffs!

This was my first time making choux pastry.  I found it to be a much easier process than I expected.  I could see how some very beautiful presentations could be created, and I will link to some of my fellow Daring Bakers below.  But first, check out Kat's swans!  Seriously impressive, right?

For filling I chose to make a chantilly cream with honey.  It was quite delicious and had a more gentle sweetness than the usual pastry cream.  I added a dollop of chocolate frosting at the request of my little helpers.  They loved it, but I think if I make these again I will top with a maple honey glaze.  And cinnamon...yes definitely.

Here's a sampling of a couple others who took this month's challenge.  Thank you, Kat, for the sweet treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!