Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Calm down, calm down

Sitting with a 5 year-old who really does not want to sleep at 9:58 PM is an exercise in...something. Patience, maybe, futility, most definitely. We have watched the sun set, we have discussed many a question such as "why does Santa wear red?" and "what animals have eyelids?" and other brilliant inquiries that seem to flood his little mind at bedtime. I remind him to take a deep breath, to let his body relax, be calm...but the energy of an almost-Kindergartener is bigger than any of my tactics. Eventually there is space between the questions and for the first time all day, actual silence. This is my meditation. My little Buddha is asleep.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Calm down, calm down

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!